Debugging API for krb5

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 5 15:12:13 EST 2004

Sam Hartman wrote:

>If we must use an inline function, we can do that.  Look at
>k5-platform.h I think for examples of how we're doing that.
>Personally I wouldn't expect you to need to have debugging in
>sufficiently critical code paths that the function overhead is an
>issue.

If we do not care about the function overhead then
I will simply add the msgtype as a parameter to the
krb5int_debug_message() function.

To jump back to a previous question statement.  Why
do you believe that 32-bits of debug message types
will be too small?  Can you really foresee more than
32 different subsets of debug messages which we would
want to filter on?