Modifying kfm_aklog plugin to be V5 only

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 2 18:52:17 EST 2004

>I'm considering modifying Alexei Kosut's kfm_aklog plugin to get
>only V5 Kerberos service tickets when getting tokens.  I was
>planning on doing this by merging the version of aklog found at
>web.mit.edu/openafs with kfm_aklog.  Has anyone else already done
>this?  If not I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on my
>approach.

I looked into this recently and made some progress before getting
swamped by my real job.  The only real problem I ran into is that the
v5 aklog sources make extensive use of exit() for error handling.
Since all the calls to exit() are in a separate function, I think
setjmp()/longjmp() could be used to whip up something fast (and
kludgy), but the right way is to rewrite the error handling so it can
be called from a plug-in.

Hope this helps,

--lxs