Renewable tickets

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 2 11:37:26 EST 2004

    Russell> Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this.
    Russell> I'm experimenting with Kerberos 1.3.1 with pam as
    Russell> packaged with Fedora Core 1 from Red Hat.  I'm seeing a
    Russell> problem when trying to get renewable principals/tickets
    Russell> working.

Are they really using stock 1.3?  I'm fairly certain we fixed this bug
late in the 1.3 release cycle before the release.

    Russell> So:

    Russell> - should the kerberos client library have a hardcoded
    Russell> lifetime of one day?

It certainly does.  There is not a krb5.conf parameter to adjust this
(nor is there one documented) in the MIT code.

    Russell> - should the kerberos client libraries allow these
    Russell> requests for renewable tickets with renewlife < lifetime?

I don't see why not; it is a fairly strange request though.

    Russell> - should krb5kdc extend the renewable ticket lifetime if
    Russell> it has shortened the returned ticket lifetime?

If renewable_ok is set, yes.  That's what the spec says.