How is an application supposed to know if a Kerberos library isthread safe?

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Mon Dec 20 16:13:23 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 04:07:28PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I am uncomfortable gating implementation issues on the IETF.  I don't
> think that the IETF has yet decided to reserve the gss_* namespace.

I think that a) we should proceed with creating an IANA registry and
allocation policies for the GSS namespaces, b) ignore the problem in
this space for now with confidence that such implementation-specific
namespace uses will be noted and maybe grandfathered, c) the interface
stability assigned to interfaces using such unregistered names should
indicate instability to prospective users.

Nico