Exporting gssapi context, take two

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Thu Apr 29 18:57:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 05:27:55PM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:51:42PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Nico requires that the API between the mechanism and the glue layer be
> > GSSAPI.
>
> Why?

Think of SPNEGO, or any other future pseudo-mechanism (such as the CCM
mechanism, and other stackable mechanisms I intend to propose, in time).

Add to this a desire for a pluggable, as opposed to monolithic, GSS-API
implementation.

I don't see any clean SPI other than the API.  Do you?

I know this is a terse explanation.  It's the best I can do at the
moment.

There's also "why not?" and "it's prettier that way" and so on.  But I
think the pseudo-mechanism point ought to do it, thank you.

Nico