Mechanism extensions and the GSSAPI

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Thu Apr 29 12:27:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 10:48:00AM -0500, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> So the mech-specific/implementation-specific "glue shim" may need to be
> their own shared or dynamic libraries and the use of dlopen with RTLD_GLOBAL
> vs RTLD_LOCAL may need to be looked at closely.

Right.  As for dlopen()/dlsym(), that's for the mechglue to use, as well
as for any pseudo-mechanism (e.g., SPNEGO) that uses other mechs.

If the API is the SPI then the mechglue (and pseudo-mechs) will have to
dlopen() with RTLD_GROUP.

Implementations that do not have a sufficiently advanced run-time linker
on some platform can produce a monolithic library that has all the
mechanisms statically linked in and...  I don't need to go on :)

Nico