Debugging KFM on Mac OSX 10.3

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 26 14:55:05 EDT 2004

    Booker> _ Ideally, I'd like to build and run KfM under a debugger
    Booker> to find out exactly what is happening. Is there a recipe
    Booker> for doing this somewhere? I haven't had much luck building
    Booker> either the Darwin src from Apple or krb5-1.3.3 on OSX
    Booker> 10.3.

You should be able to build krb5 1.3.3 on OSX 10.3 simply by typing
configure followed by make.  Actually, you may need to set LDFLAGS to
include a flag to link against the local copies of libraries rather
than the symlinks in /usr/lib.  I know Alexis has described this
before and I know it is an obvious hit on Google.

IT is possible at least in theory to build KFM with debugging symbols
from the Apple sources.  You may find that you end up doing a fair bit
of work by hand.  The build system depends somewhat on things Apple
chose not to release.