KLL as a cross-platform API

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 23 13:12:11 EDT 2004

    Jeffrey> I do not think that we disagree at all.  If the
    Jeffrey> programmer provides objects and gets what appears to be a
    Jeffrey> random result because one of the two contexts is used, I
    Jeffrey> am simply stating that the reason for the strange result
    Jeffrey> is the fault of the programmer, not the fault of the
    Jeffrey> library.

The disagreement is over what sorts of strange results are acceptable.

Calling this behavior program error means that results such as
failure, segfaulting or assertion failure are acceptable.

I was stating that the behavior would in all cases be as if one of the
contexts were chosen.

Alexis wants to go farther and define which context will be chosen;
that seems fine to me.

--Sam