Issues with keytab creation related to switch to w2k3 w/ ktutil

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Apr 7 13:49:53 EDT 2004

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> Nathan:
>
> Are you sure you are receiving the correct enctype?
> Doug has reported that he is receiving DES-CBC-MD5
> when he is expecting DES-CBC-CRC from Windows 2003.

W2003 does not let the client select the the enctype,
so even if you request des-cbc-crc, it will send des-cbc-md5.

See "KDC does not allow clients to specify an etype in Windows Server 2003"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833708

We are trying to get this hotfix and the NO_PAC hotfix together.
They both update kdcsrv.dll on the server.