Detecting user cancel in gss_init_sec_context

Miro Jurisic meeroh at meeroh.org
Wed Sep 17 15:58:19 EDT 2003

I am calling gss_acquire_cred and if the user has no tickets, the
login dialog comes up (so far so good). If the user cancels the
dialog, I get back maj_stat of 0x000D0000 and min stat of
-1765328189, which is KRB5_FCC_NOFILE. This is unfortunately very
unhelpful, as I am left with no choice but to present an error dialog
to the user, even though no error dialog should be presented, given
that the user knowingly canceled the login dialog. Is there some way
for me to reliably distinguish the case where the user cancels from
other Kerberos errors?

meeroh
--

<http://web.meeroh.org/> | KB1FMP