question regarding use of krb5_context and krb5_auth_context

JC Ferguson jc at acopia.com
Thu Sep 4 13:46:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have an application that deals with authenticating principals from
multiple realms.  What I have done is set up one krb5_context and one
krb5_auth_context PER realm within the same process/program.

So, when someone from realm FOO.COM authenticates, I use the
krb5_context/krb5_auth_context I have setup for FOO.COM.

When someone from realm BAR.COM authentives, I use the
krb5_context/krb5_auth_context I have setup for BAR.COM.

Both of these live in the _same_ process, which has only 1 thread, i.e.,
this is not multi-threaded (I am aware of the multi-threading issues
with krb5).

Does the MIT KRB5 API work in this manner or must I strictly have _one_
krb5_context / krb5_auth_context PER process ?

		thank you ,   jc

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the review of the named addressee, and in conjunction with specific Acopia Networks business.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are unable to treat this information accordingly, or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.