does krb5_cc_get_name return a credentials cache name on a Macintosh?

Miro Jurisic meeroh at meeroh.org
Fri Nov 7 02:42:47 EST 2003

>My calls to krb5_cc_get_name returns a filename of '0' and the
>length of the filename is 1 character.

That's not a file name. It's the credentials cache name (and it is
correct). You should not be relying on a file being used as a backing
store for the credentials cache (because it's not on Mac OS 9 or Mac
OS X).

>   I can see my valid credentials looking in the Kerberos Manager, so
>it's not that I don't have tickets.  On a UN*X machine, I know the
>ticket cache is hiding in the /tmp directory, but where's the cache
>hiding on a Macintosh?  Or should we be doing something entirely
>different to determine whether or not our tokens are valid?

I don't know how you store your tokens, so I don't know how to check
whether your tokens are valid.

meeroh
--

<http://web.meeroh.org/> | KB1FMP