Last call for bugs to be fixed in Kerberos 1.3

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Fri May 23 18:12:11 EDT 2003

This message really should have gone out a while back.  Because of
this we are likely to be more reluctant to act on feedback than we
would like to be.

We are approaching the release of Kerberos 1.3.  AS we approach the
release we are raising the bar for changes to be included in the
release.  We are already well past feature freeze for the release but
may still be willing to consider bug fixes for integration.

If there is a bug you expect to be fixed in Kerberos 1.3, now is the
time for you to go check that bug report and make sure that it it has
already been fixed or is on our list of issues to fix.

First, make sure it has already been filed.  If the bug has not been
filed by this point in time it almost certainly won't be included even
if you file it now.  Naturally we'll always hold up the release for
major security or interoperability problems, but we hope you've let us
know about anything that serious already.

Then, go to http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/ and log in as guest with a
password of guest.  Look up your bug report.

If the version_fixed field is 1.3, the bug has already been integrated
into the 1.3 release.

If the version_fixed field is empty but the target_version field is
1.3, then we already know about the issue and plan to fix it.

If the bug is marked noresource, then we have decided that we do not
have resources to deal with it for the forseeable future.

If your bug is not scheduled for inclusion and you believe it should
be, use the reply button on the website to explain why.

--Sam