Fixing clock skew

Ben Creech bpcreech at eos.ncsu.edu
Tue May 20 16:31:25 EDT 2003

Is there any way, from the library user's standpoint, to get the
krb5_error::stime out of TGS replies with KRB5KRB_AP_ERR_SKEW?  If I could
do that, I could fix the system time from my client program without having
to worry about ntp or the like.

It would be nice if we could (optionally) get the whole krb5_error
structure or the equivalent (for that and other reasons), but looking at
the source I don't suppose that's possible.  It looks like the data is
unconditionally freed in krb5_get_cred_via_tkt without being stashed
anywhere else first.

I suppose it's not available for ABI compatibility reasons.  You guys take
all the fun out of dll hell. :(