anonymous CVS access?

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Fri Mar 28 14:57:19 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 02:33:47PM -0500, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> The problem is that when you have a large organization, the lawyers
> generally have one overriding purpose: protect that organization from
> getting sued.  They do other things, but that's their main purpose.

And a worthwhile purpose it is.  (To protect their own organization from
their fellow sharks. :-) )

> [ too much effort for lawyers with no vested interest ]

Yes, but if www.crypto-publishing.org (or anyone else) that MIT knows
it CAN give the source to, would export it, there should be no issue
for MIT.  MIT itself is not exporting.

Hell, I would be willing to host it, although I believe Marc has set
a precedent and his site is the better location.

Sam and the krbdev guys, though, seem to be saying they will not provide
CVS repository access for *anyone* (due to export problems).

/fc