anonymous CVS access?

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Fri Mar 28 08:11:02 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Frank Cusack wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 03:01:10PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> We cannot do anonymous CVS without dealing with the export issue.
>> Since we still seem to be unable to face that challenge, anonymous CVS
>> is hard.
>
>I was under the impression that source code is exportable, with a
>simple notification to the powers-that-be (commerce dept, I guess).

It is a bit more complicated  than that. The MIT legal department has to
fill out some paperwork etc etc. I have the feeling that Sam is trying
to say it is out of his hands on getting that done.

Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058
Ta-03 SM-261  MailStop P208 DP 17U  Los Alamos, NM 87545