krb5_c_

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Mar 25 04:11:33 EST 2003

Sam Hartman <hartmans at mit.edu> writes:

>     Love> where can I find documentation of krb5_c_ function.
>
>     Love> I was looking for krb5_c_make_checksum and
>     Love> krb5_c_verify_checksum documentation within the tree but
>     Love> couldn't find any.
>
> To my knowledge it is not documented.

So, can we agree on something like this (from the api side). (ignoring
spelling)

Note the addition of krb5_c_set_checksum and krb5_c_get_checksum (i've not
implemented those but it seem enough for consumer of the interface).

Love

KRB5_CCACHE(3)            NetBSD Programmer's Manual            KRB5_CCACHE(3)

NAME
     krb5_checksum, krb5_c_get_checksum, krb5_c_make_checksum,
     krb5_c_verify_checksum, krb5_c_set_checksum, krb5_copy_checksum,
     krb5_free_checksum, krb5_free_checksum_contents - create and verify
     checksums

LIBRARY
     Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5)

SYNOPSIS
     #include <krb5.h>

     krb5_error_code
     krb5_c_make_checksum(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype cksumtype,
             krb5_keyblock *key, krb5_keyusage usage, const krb5_data *input,
             krb5_checksum *cksum);

     krb5_error_code
     krb5_c_verify_checksum(krb5_context context, const krb5_keyblock *key,
             krb5_keyusage usage, const krb5_data *data,
             const krb5_checksum *cksum, krb5_boolean *valid);

     void
     krb5_free_checksum(krb5_context context', krb5_checksum *cksum);

     void
     krb5_free_checksum_contents.(krb5_context context, krb5_checksum *cksum);

     krb5_error_code
     krb5_copy_checksum(krb5_context context, const krb5_checksum *old,
             krb5_checksum **new);

     krb5_error_code
     krb5_c_checksum_length(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype cksumtype,
             size_t *length);

     krb5_error_code
     krb5_c_get_checksum(krb5_context context, const krb5_checksum *cksum,
             krb5_cksumtype *type, krb5_data **data);

     krb5_error_code
     krb5_c_set_checksum(krb5_context context, krb5_checksum *cksum,
             krb5_cksumtype type, const krb5_data *data);

DESCRIPTION
     The krb5_checksum structure holds a kerberos checksum.

     There is no component inside krb5_checksum that is directly referable.

     krb5_c_make_checksum() creates a checksum cksum with the checksum type
     cksumtype of the data in data.  key and usage are used if the checksum is
     a keyed checksum type.  Returns 0 or an error code.

     krb5_c_verify_checksum() verifies the checksum of data in cksum that was
     created with key using the key usage usage.  verify is set to non-zero if
     the checksum verifies correctly and zero if not.  Returns 0 or an error
     code.

     krb5_c_checksum_length() returns the length of the checksum.

     krb5_copy_checksum() returns a copy of the checksum krb5_free_checksum()
     returns free the content returned by krb5_copy_checksum().

     krb5_free_checksum_contents() frees the content of checksum as returned
     by krb5_c_make_checksum().

     krb5_c_set_checksum() sets the krb5_checksum structure given type and
     data.  The content of cksum should be freeed with
     krb5_c_free_checksum_contents().

     krb5_c_get_checksum() retrieves the components of the krb5_checksum.
     structure.  data should be free with krb5_free_data().

SEE ALSO
     krb5(3), krb5_free_data(3), kerberos(8)

 HEIMDAL                        March 25, 2003                               2