memory leak in dock utility?

MIT Macintosh Development Team macdev at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 3 13:57:28 EDT 2003

At 11:49 AM -0700 6/2/03, Eric Lawrence wrote:
>I've recently noticed that the Kerberos utility in the OS X 10.2
>distribution seems to have a memory leak.  After leaving it running
>for about 12-13 days, its RSIZE (as reported by top) had grown to
>55M.  This is the first time I had paid attention to it, so I
>restarted the application and in the last two days its RSIZE has
>steadily grown from 4M to almost 9M.  I only use the application as
>a dock app to keep track of when my tickets expire, and to renew
>tickets about twice a day.   Is this a known problem?

Hi Eric,

We are not aware of serious memory leaks in the Mac OS X Kerberos
distribution.  Since Kerberos.app is shipped as part of Mac OS X, we
would greatly appreciate it if you would please file your bug using
the Apple Bug Reporter:

<http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/>

Please be as detailed as possible when you file the report.  Other
information that would be useful to know would be:

* Exactly which version of Mac OS X 10.2 are you using?
* Do you leave the Kerberos.app window open?
* Do you usually have more than one principal authenticated?

And any other information about how you use Kerberos that you feel
might be useful.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Scott McGuire / smcguire at mit.edu
MIT Information Systems Macintosh Developer