Using KfM's credentials cache with Krb5 1.3 on OS X 10.2.6

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Jul 23 15:16:03 EDT 2003

>This assumes that OSX has a mechanism for opening a framework without
> influencing the running application's namespace.  I suspect this is
> true because without this feature it is almost impossible to
> implement plugins that work.

Note: I'm not an MacOS expert, so don't take my word as gospel, by any
means.

It seems to me that this, unfortunately, isn't possible.  It looks like
the dlopen() equivalants (NSCreateObjectFileImageFromFile() and
friends) can only be used on "bundles", not dynamic libraries.  At
least if it is possible, I don't know the right API call to make it
happen (NSCreateObjectFileImageFromFile() fails when used on the Kerberos
framework).  But I sure hope I'm wrong :-/

--Ken