kerberized utilities and encryption

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Wed Jul 23 15:11:50 EDT 2003

I'm trying to look through the utilities that are shipped with the
1.3 sources to figure out what type of encryption they use. The
telnet utility has a command to show what is supported and responds
with the following which I assume is 64 bit DES:

        DES_CFB64 (1)
        DES_OFB64 (2)

I cannot find any documentation on the others as to what encryption
is used when you specify the -x option. What is used by ftp, rcp,
rsh, and rlogin (rlogin man page says it uses des but doesn't say the
keylength)? Do they all use 64 bit DES?

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D