krb5-1.3.1-beta1 is available

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 22 23:16:56 EDT 2003

I've posted krb5-1.3.1-beta1 on the MIT Kerberos web page,

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/

It fixes some serious compatibility problems involving the ETYPE-INFO2
preauthentication hint -- krb5-1.3 had not been in compliance with the
latest revised draft of the Kerberos protocol.  Please consult the
README file for details of changes.  A few other bugfixes have been
made since the krb5-1.3 release.  We would appreciate hearing about
any critical bugs you encounter in this beta test release.  Due to the
seriousness of this protocol incompatibility, we will likely make the
final krb5-1.3.1 release next week.

---Tom