Microsoft Referral Code for Clients

Kevin Coffman kwc at citi.umich.edu
Wed Jul 9 22:58:54 EDT 2003

> 6) I'm not sure we would accept client side patches without
>    server-side patches.  Umich has  not submitted their server-side
>    patches for  inclusion and we know of no plans on their part to do
>    so.

Our patch is a modification of the original patch that, AFAIK, originated
at Microsoft but came to us from MIT.  It was my understanding that there
were (valid) concerns with the original patch.  I'm not positive all the
concerns have been addressed by our changes.  We're *more* than willing to
have the patch (or at least its functionality) in the MIT distribution.
Let me know if I should submit the patch via RT.