krb5-1.3-beta4 and Mac OS X Panther

Peter Iannarelli peteri at cryptocard.com
Wed Jul 2 15:54:01 EDT 2003

Hello some help please:

I just installed Apple's Mac OS X Panther (beta) from the WWDC last
week. I am trying to build
krb5-1.3-beta4. (I can build it on linux with gcc 3.3). My OS X box is
running gcc 3.3 as well.

I get the following errors at link time:

making all in lib/rpc/unit-test...
gcc -L../../../lib -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual
-Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wshadow -Wno-comment -pedantic  -o client
client.o rpc_test_clnt.o \
        -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err
ld: Undefined symbols:
_krb5_gss_dbg_client_expcreds
_gss_mech_krb5
_gss_mech_krb5_old

I went through the documentation and followed it as written.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain what I'm doing
wrong or point me to where I can figure out how to resolve
this problem.

Peter Iannarelli
CRYPTOCard Corp.