kadmin unit tests

Kevin Coffman kwc at citi.umich.edu
Wed Jan 22 13:00:03 EST 2003

After modifying the kadm unit tests to use the kpasswd from the
clients/kpasswd directory rather the kadmin/kpasswd directory, I've got
all the kpasswd tests working except the test that checks whether a
password change is "too soon".

It looks like the check for pw_min_life was moved from
kadm5_chpass_principal_3 to chpass_principal_wrapper_3.  The
clients/kpasswd/kpasswd uses the simple chpw (schpw) path in kadmind.
It looks like the processing path in kadmind is:

do_schpw
  process_chpw_request
    kadm5_chpass_principal_util
      _kadm5_chpass_principal_util
        kadm_chpass_principal
          kadm5_chpass_principal
            kadm5_chpass_principal_3

So the check is never done for the clients/kpasswd version of kpasswd.
Is this how it is supposed to work, and I should just comment out the
test for this in the unit tests, or is it a bug that this is never
checked in this case?

Another issue is that kadmind must be run as root to bind port 464.
Therefore, the unit-tests must be run as root.  I don't see an easy way
to encourage the client to try a different port.  Is this going to be a
problem?

Kevin