Windows Auto-auth

Ben Creech bpcreech at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 17 01:26:01 EST 2003

A while ago, I posted a question on Microsoft's platformsdk.security
MSDN newsgroup asking what Windows does with that memory, but the
question went unanswered.  If I had gotten an authoritative response
that said "the memory is treated as sensitive", then I probably would
have gone that route.

It would be really cool if someone were to write a fully-featured
alternate ticket cache as an LSA custom authentication package.  I think
that would be Better in many ways than the current krbcc memcache.
However, custom ap's seem to be overcomplex and underdocumented, which
is probably why no one has bothered.