Updates (multi-realm) to Leash32...

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Jan 10 17:32:00 EST 2003

>I never said that I wanted to pick which princical, just the realm.

Right .... buuutttt ...

>In an application, such as mulberry, I can tell the app with realm
>I want to authenticate too.  I may have several identities in the
>client, and each identity would have a different realm that it would
>auth against.

But how are the clients managing these multiple identities?  Other than
the Mac (and as it was pointed out, Reflection), you can't have multiple
identities at the same time.

In my experience, in the V5 world the service name determines the realm,
but that doesn't affect the client principal chosen (because generally
programs pick the "primary" principal out of the credential cache, and
there is only one of them).

--Ken