kinit hang on MacOS X 10.2.3

John P Speno speno at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 18 09:35:48 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 02:36:33PM -0500, Alexandra Ellwood wrote:
> >I seem to be getting in a state where kinit hangs and I can't get new
> >credentials. Using the GUI during this time reports success, but 'klist'
> >doesn't show the tickets, and things like 'telnet -x' don't work.
> >
> >I'm not sure I can duplicate this at will, but I can provide some kdump
> >traces from kinit when this happens.
>
> Are you typing kinit into Terminal.app or some other terminal
> program?  Did you run sudo -s or some other su type program before
> running kinit?

As I said before, I'm not, but ...

I'm using screen, and that's the problem. kinit/kdestroy don't work when
I'm using them in a terminal under screen's control. If I exit or detach
screen, they work fine.

For what it worth, screen is version:

    Screen version 3.09.09 (FAU) 25-May-01

Is this a known issue with screen and kerberos?

Thanks!