kinit hang on MacOS X 10.2.3

John P Speno speno at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 12 16:07:08 EST 2003

I seem to be getting in a state where kinit hangs and I can't get new
credentials. Using the GUI during this time reports success, but 'klist'
doesn't show the tickets, and things like 'telnet -x' don't work.

I'm not sure I can duplicate this at will, but I can provide some kdump
traces from kinit when this happens.

The last time it happened, I tried the GUI again after kinit failed, and
the problem fixed itself. :-)

Maybe this is related to the problem? (As seen in /var/log/system.log):

Feb 12 15:56:22 Hellmouth
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Servers/
CCacheServer.app/Contents/MacOS/CCacheServer: CredentialsCache server
quitting:
unknown error code (1100)

Please let me know what I can do to help with this.

Thanks!