Krb524 and NAT (patch worked)

Ben Creech bpcreech at eos.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 3 20:52:15 EST 2003

I finally got around to applying and testing Ken's patch, and it works
fine.  Thanks, Ken.

However, looking at the conv_creds.c in the actual MIT sources, the
equivalent of this patch seems to have already been applied.  The
section that Ken's patch covers is already disabled with an "#if 0".  A
little further exploration reveals that the krb524 directory in krb5
isn't even ported to Windows (eg., "#include <netinet/in.h>" with no
ifndef win32).

I've actually been using krb524.zip off of Ken's ftp.  Had I realized
that source is so different from MIT's version of the 524 sources, I
probably would have sent my original e-mail to him directly.

On a related note, is there a chance that anyone will ever get KfW's
krb524 directory working?  I'd offer to do it myself, but I'm not quite
sure how KfW is maintained (are you just doing "make kerbsrc.zip" and
adding the extra Windows features for every KfW release, or are you
actually manually copying relevant changes to the KfW source tree?)