KRB5_CC error codes and src/kadmin/passwd/kpasswd.c

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Mon Dec 15 13:00:37 EST 2003

Sam Hartman wrote:

>    Jeffrey> Since I am going to be adding new KRB5_CC_xxxxx error
>    Jeffrey> codes and a new type, should the KRB5_FCC_NOFILE be
>    Jeffrey> changed to KRB5_CC_DOESNOTEXIST; and add the
>    Jeffrey> KRB5_CC_DOESNOTEXIST value?
>
>Not for a point release, but if you want to check this in on the head,
>that's fine.
>
>BTW, in case you haven't mucked with com_err enough, you want to add
>new error codes at the end of an error table; the order is in the ABI.

The new KRB5_CC_READONLY error code was added to the end of the error table.

It occurred to me that it is not safe to change the use of the
KRB5_FCC_NOFILE
error code based upon how it is used.  The best we could do is define an
alias with C preprocessor definitions:

    #define KRB5_CC_DOESNOTEXIST KRB5_FCC_NOFILE

Otherwise, existing applications will break since they specifically look for
the value of KRB5_FCC_NOFILE.