KRB5_CC error codes and src/kadmin/passwd/kpasswd.c

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:35:10 EST 2003

The following comment exists in the code for src/kadmin/passwd/kpasswd.c

    /* this is a crock.. we want to compare against */
    /* "KRB5_CC_DOESNOTEXIST" but there is no such error code, and */
    /* both the file and stdio types return FCC_NOFILE.  If there is */
    /* ever another ccache type (or if the error codes are ever */
    /* fixed), this code will have to be updated. */
    if (code && code != KRB5_FCC_NOFILE) {
      com_err(whoami, code, string_text(KPW_STR_WHILE_LOOKING_AT_CC));
      return(MISC_EXIT_STATUS);
    }

Since I am going to be adding new KRB5_CC_xxxxx error codes and a new
type, should the KRB5_FCC_NOFILE be changed to KRB5_CC_DOESNOTEXIST;
and add the KRB5_CC_DOESNOTEXIST value?

Jeffrey Altman