Support of non-ASCII username/password in KDC of Win2000 serv er

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Fri Aug 8 14:43:36 EDT 2003

I can't speak for Microsoft's handling of non-ASCII names in their KDC.
  However, if you choose to use non-ASCII names you will be making your
REALM incompatible with MIT Kerberos and other implementations.  This is
because the Kerberos protocol as currently implemented does not provide
a means for specifying the character set to be used.  Therefore, only
ASCII is safe and portable.

Jeffrey Altman