problem with 64-bit builds on big-endian platforms?

Tim Mooney mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu
Thu Aug 7 17:07:43 EDT 2003

In December of 2002, Ken Raeburn indicated that there would likely be
problems if you build krb5 1.2.6 on a 64-bit platform that was also
big-endian.  Can anyone comment on whether that is believed to be fixed
in later 1.2.x or in 1.3.1?

If not, and if the nature of the problems are generally known, can anyone
comment on what those problems are?

I'm in the situation where I may have to build (at least the shared
libraries) for both the 32-bit and 64-bit ABIs on Solaris on sparc, and
I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney at dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak.edu