linking libgssapi_krb5.a into a .so file

Frank Balluffi frank.balluffi at db.com
Wed Aug 6 13:48:59 EDT 2003

When I link GSS-API into a .so file on Solaris with gcc I get the following errors:

Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0xac4       /home/ballfra/external/krb5-1.2.8/src/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(k5seal.o)
<unknown>                           0xac8       /home/ballfra/external/krb5-1.2.8/src/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a(k5seal.o)

I think that I can fix these errors by setting CFLAGS=-fPIC in each Makefile.

1. Can someone confirm that I need to pass -fPIC to gcc.

2. If I need to pass -fPIC to gcc, what is the best way to ask the configure script to use -fPIC? I read configure --help and unsuccessfully tried the following:

CFLAGS=-fPIC
export CFLAGS
./configure --with-cc=gcc

and