sshd with afs tokens?

bil bil_hays at unc.edu
Fri Aug 1 16:23:20 EDT 2003

Does anyone out there have any pointers on getting afs tokens via sshd for
remote login, either via including afs/kerberos in the ssh build, or via
pam?

Here's what we've tried (apologies in advance for my ignorance of the unix
level) with the sshd, trying to build with afs and kerberos.

*The included sshd doesn't seem to include support for kerberos 4 and afs.

*Got some help from our apple engineer, who got some instructions from a
fellow at the fermilab on building openssh against kerberos5 (but we're a
kerberos4 /afs shop). That helped us run down the road until we hit the
first tree.

*Ideally, we'd like to get this to work with the built in kerberos, but
sshd wouldn't build against it, said there was a missing library. Make
failed tho since it couldn't find kafs.h.

*Installed KTH-krb, that went ok, and got opssh to make against that and
got it running, but now it seems to be failing because we don't have the
kerberos services registered (sshd debug line is "Kerberos v4 TGT for xxxx
unverifiable: (null); rcmd.gilgamesh not registered, or srvtab is wrong?").

Any ideas?

tia,
bil