krb5_sname_to_principal or LDAP/SASL/GSSAPI and reverse DNS

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 9 13:55:58 EDT 2003

    >> writes:
    >>
    Nicolas> Anyone doing any take-over-the-identity-and-resources
    Nicolas> sort of high availability with protocols that use
    >>  Yes, but a lot of us are talking about clustered services
    >> without this property.

    Nicolas> Sharing the replay caches via a shared filesystem global
    Nicolas> to the cluster still applies.

I don't want a global shared filesystem just because I have a shared
LDAP cluster.

I understand the clusters you deal with tend to be physically located
in the same space and tend to share disks or at least filesystem.

That is not the only type of cluster that exists.