Can't use NAT

Steven Michaud smichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 27 18:50:01 EDT 2002

As of 1.2.5 and 1.2.6, the only remaining client-side NAT problem (as
far as I know) is with ftpd.  I submitted a patch to krbdev on May 1,
2002 that fixes it.  The patch works against both 1.2.5 and 1.2.6.

This patch is much simpler than the ones I submitted in August 2001
(and on April 10 2002) -- partly because telnetd and
gss_accept_sec_context now work fine, and partly because my latest
patch simply stops ftpd from ever using channel bindings.  (My earlier
patches used either used command line options or an extension to the
GSSAPI to determine whether or not ftpd should use channel bindings.)
My May 1st patch backports changes Sam Hartman has committed to
krb5-current (i.e. to release 1.3).

Of course the client still needs to use addressless tickets.