Can't use NAT

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Sep 27 16:09:01 EDT 2002

Alexandra Ellwood wrote:

> >Kerbeoros can be used with NAT if one of two things are done:
> >
> >  . the public address to the NAT device is added to the list of
> >    addresses for which the ticket is valid.
> >
> >  . the tickets are requested without addresses
>

> Protocols use GSSAPI and require channel bindings (such as some ftp
> servers) will also not work even if you have addressless Kerberos 5
> tickets because channel bindings contain IP address information.

If you realy want FTP to work (really gssapi on WIN32) as well, we have a mod:

   374      /*
   375       * Many times we are behind a firewall which is doing NAT
   376       * such as at home on a PC.
   377       * If the KRB5NATADDR is set, and our initiator addr starts
   378       * with 198, and the acceptor address does not, i.e. its
   379       * outside the firewall, we will then replace the initator
   380       * address with the KRB5NATADDR.
   381       */