OS X 10.2 console apps

Steven Michaud smichaud at pobox.com
Mon Sep 23 21:19:00 EDT 2002

A couple of questions:

1) Has anyone gotten the new kswitch app to work with the -c
parameter?  (This is the one that tells it to use a different cache.)

When I specify any API style cache other than the default
('API:Initial default ccache'), I get the error message "No
credentials cache named [name]."  When I specify a FILE style cache I
get the same message, even if the file exists and is a valid ticket
cache (created for example by the Heimdal kinit).

Is the -c switch simply "not yet implemented"?

2) None of the console apps (kinit, klist, kdestroy) appear any longer
to support the KRB5CCNAME environment variable.  (As recently as OS X
10.1, you could use this variable to specify the name/path of the
ticket cache.)

Is this to help make us use the credentials cache API? :-)