Unable to have KDC use different enctype for session/service key

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 17 12:07:01 EDT 2002

    >> If you have central applications what I'd suggest doing is
    >> getting both 3des and des session key tickets at the same
    >> timewhen a new client kinits.

    Ken> Hm, well, that seems like it could work.  Is there a way to
    Ken> do that?  I mean, I thought you could only have one session
    Ken> key per ticket.

Well, from the command line
kinit foo
kvno -e des-cbc-crc krbtgt/realm at realm

There is not currently an option to do that at initial credentials
time, but such an option seems potentially useful for migrations.