Requesting use of addresses in forwardable tickets

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Sep 11 16:12:01 EDT 2002

Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Douglas> Sam Hartman wrote:
>     >>  >>>>> "Douglas" == Douglas E Engert <deengert at anl.gov> writes:
>     >>
>     Douglas> Are there (or can there) be any plans to allow a client
>     Douglas> to not request addresses in the forwardable tickets? You
>     Douglas> can already do this in kinit for the initial ticket.
>     >>  It seems this is only consistent with the WG direction away
>     >> from addresses in tickets by default.
>     >>
>     Douglas> One way would be to not add addresses to a forwardble
>     Douglas> tickets if the original TGT did not have addresses.
>     >>  Sounds like a winner to me.
>
>     Douglas> Well then, here is an (untested) mod to the KDC which
>     Douglas> should not add addresses if the original TGT did not have
>     Douglas> addresses:
>
> This should be a client side change not a KDC side change.

The second half of hte note was a client side change, to not add
addresses into the request.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the client can not tell if there
are addreses in the TGT ticket it wishes to use to get another TGT.
as they are in they are enc_part as the caddrs encrypted in the krbtgt key.
If it could tell, it would be an easy client side change.

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439
 (630) 252-5444