Requesting use of addresses in forwardable tickets

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Sep 11 15:20:01 EDT 2002

>Well then, here is an (untested) mod to the KDC which should not
>add addresses if the original TGT did not have addresses:

Silly question: Wouldn't this be more appropriate as a client-side
modification?  E.g., if the client TGT has no addresses, fwd_tgt becomes
almost a no-op (that would cut down one round-trip to the KDC, and that
would be a good thing IMHO).  I'm just worried because I can think of a
few cases where I would want an addressless ticket to be forwarded to
a machine and _have_ addresses, and doing this on the KDC would completely
prohibit that.

--Ken