Requesting use of addresses in forwardable tickets

Matt Crawford crawdad at fnal.gov
Tue Sep 10 17:54:01 EDT 2002

> Are there (or can there) be any plans to allow a client to
> not request addresses in the forwardable tickets? You can already do
> this in kinit for the initial ticket.

I don't know about plans, but many of my users have been running onto
the rocks in this way for years.  The forward their ticket to a
multihomed host, but the host has separate DNS names associated with
each address.  (I've told the admins this was trouble since we before
we started using Kerberos, but they never listened.)