rpcsec_gss and Kerberos 5

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 14 17:05:01 EDT 2002

Kevin Coffman <kwc at citi.umich.edu> writes:
> I just wanted to give you an update on this.
>
> I've finally got a Linux version of the kadmin/kadmind which works
> using our rpcsec_gss code.  These pgms also interoperate with the Sun
> SEAM kadmin/kadmind.  My next step is to compile this on Windows, which
> I don't forsee being a big deal.  At that point, I'd like to talk more
> about how you'd like to see the code.
>
> Kevin

Soon! :-) Actually, I don't think we want to try to squeeze it into
1.3, given how late it's already running and the potential for major
disruption.

This sounds like excellent progress.  I'm looking forward to getting a
copy of the code.

The most convenient final form for us would probably be a tree we
could drop in place of the current lib/rpc tree, and any patches
needed to the rest of the tree (especially kadmin) based on some known
set of sources -- the more recent, the easier for us, obviously, but
anything reasonably recent should be fine.

Ken