krbcc32 access from a GINA

Danilo Almeida dalmeida at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 12 21:35:00 EDT 2002

Sam,

A few preliminary questions:

1) What version of Windows is your GINA targeting?
2) What is your GINA supposed to do?  What is the intent?  What are you
trying to do with krb5 (high-level intent, not API-wise)?

- Danilo

-----Original Message-----
From: krbdev-admin at MIT.EDU [mailto:krbdev-admin at MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Sam Noble
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 4:31 PM
To: krbdev at mit.edu
Subject: krbcc32 access from a GINA

	Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with NT architecture (or
that of the krbcc32) to have a good idea how I might solve the following
problem:

	I'm working on a custom GINA project. The same set of API calls
can use just fine for storing credentials in a skeleton application
(krb5_cc_initialize(), krb5_cc_store_cred()) from the command line fail
miserably from inside a GINA. I've even tried to start krbcc32s.exe
myself
and receive the same result: the winlogon process crashes and the
machine
shows me a BSOD.

	I was hoping that somebody on this list might be able to suggest
way I can deal with this problem (an explanation of what is actually
going
on would be fantastic too) other than writing my credentials to a file
and
then moving them to the memory based cache with some sort of login-time
action.

/* Sam */