kadmind patch (was: kadm5_randkey_principal_3)

Ben Cox cox at spinnakernet.com
Fri Oct 4 08:26:01 EDT 2002

I agree; the patch I submitted was just a quick-n-dirty get-it-done kind
of thing.

The reason I didn't just change it as you suggest below was that the
kadm5_randkey_principal function internally calls
kadm5_randkey_principal_3 with a fixed set of ks_tuples, and I didn't
want to duplicate that fixed set of ks_tuples, because if in the future
someone were to change the fixed set in kadm5_randkey_principal and
forget to change the set in randkey_principal_wrapper to match, they'd
get the "wrong" (old) set of fixed ks_tuples, and that might be a
head-scratcher indeed. ;)

If you agree that doing it that way would be the lesser of two evils,
I'm happy to send a second patch that does it that way instead.

-- Ben