Problem compiling shared libs on IRIX

Jim Barlow jbarlow at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:17:01 EST 2002

I am having a problem compiling shared libraries on an IRIX 6.5 machine.
It looks like the ld command, when linking the shared libraries, ignores
the ld options flags passed in from configure (--with-ldopts).  Trying
to compile -n32 -mips3 and my machine defaults to -64.  I have found a
workaround, but shouldn't the ld command for the shared libraries get
the --with-ldopts flags?

This is compiling Krb5 1.2.6.

Thanks.

--