our SPNEGO direction

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Mon Nov 11 19:43:00 EST 2002

>Yes, having a SPNEGO mechanism would be useful to the open source
>community.  I do not see why the open source community needs pluggable
>GSSAPI to take advantage of SPNEGO.  Apache and Mozilla could add
>support for John's draft even if the SPNEGO they use only supports
>krb5.

There are patches floating around for SPNEGO in Heimdal. We have
extended it to support NTLMSSP too, although without any dynamically
loadable mechglue.

SAMBA 3.0 also does SPNEGO.

So, there are at least a couple of implementations in the open source
community.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com