New "feature" for Kerberos?

Morrison, Wayne Wayne.Morrison at hp.com
Mon Nov 11 12:39:01 EST 2002

You might want to look at how the OpenVMS operating system does
this today.  There are several SYSGEN (system) parameters that
control how what you've called the "N-strikes-and-you're-out feature"
works.  One turns the functionality on/off, one sets the number
of "strikes", one sets the number of seconds that evasive action
persists after each failure, and one sets the length of time that
a failure will lock out a user.  There is even one to that allows
you to permanently lock out an account on failure, if you need
to do something that drastic.

Documentation about this can be found in the Guide to System Security,
at the following web site:

http://www.openvms.compaq.com/doc/731FINAL/6346/6346PRO.HTM#a654450732

	Wayne Morrison
	Kerberos Project Leader