New "feature" for Kerberos?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 10 23:48:00 EST 2002

Flesh out your proposal a bit ; what do you mean by checkpassword?

Here are some things that would definitely make MIT unwilling to take the changes:

* If the principal structure were changed; you can store data in tagged data, but extending the principal structure for this is not OK.

* If the code did not deal well with upgrades and downgrades.

* Concerns about code quality

* Dependence on a particular preauthentication system

I do know that we probably don't have time to help you implement such
a system and certainly integrating it would not be a high priority for
us.

In an ideal world we would evaluate patches presented for such a
feature or explain why we didn't accept the patches.  Whether we
actually were able to do this would depend a lot on work load at the
time patches were presented.